A Busy Week
We have entered a fairly busy time for the Phare. This week the Nazarenes are holding a regional conference with missionaries and national leaders in from all over West Africa. They have been doing training and planning and generally connecting with each other.It's not an enormous group, but these kinds of gatherings are crucial for the church. Mark and Dany, the local Nazarene guys, seem quite pleased.
My role in all this has been mostly to try to keep the old generator going when Senelec cuts us off. Yes, they're back at it again after a couple week reprieve.
I also have been setting up missionary types with access to our wireless network, giving out the password and troubleshooting connection issues. Although I offered a desk in my office, Delyna and her friend preferred instead to work at the picnic table in a cool breeze. Imagine that!Late in the week the MTW guys come to begin a couple weeks of training for their national leaders. They generally have a dozen elders from the village churches and perhaps a teacher in from the US. I haven't heard about the exact arrangements. Herve does all that. PTL.
Saturday a group of a dozen teens from Dakar Academy are coming to help out with "grunt labor" stuff for the day. Jessica Duttweiler will be among them. Her brother Caleb will be with another group out in a village putting a roof on a church building. We are one of the local alternatives for this ministry weekend for the youth. Kathy is buying some burgers. I'll get the chips and pop. We'll make them sweat and feed them well and everyone will have a good time, I'm sure. I'll try to post a few photos afterwards.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home