Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Volunteers and Clients

It's been a few weeks since I posted. 

The Phare continues to be busy, busy, busy. At the moment, CBN is hosting a training program. I don't know exactly what the topic is, I'm afraid. Someone from the network is here and lots of Africans. All I can tell you is the catering looks lovely. I've seen tablecloths and plates, instead of stools and metal bowls! 

A couple dozen college students with CRU are here, too. They are summer volunteers to help Pascal and Aurelie with the university ministry. Great folks. They visited Jane at the church to help with the talibe, coming in groups of three over the course of a couple weeks. The boys loved the extra attention! Not to mention some skin lotion that appeared one day.

Our two UWM families from Mali have returned to Kayes now that things are a bit more stable. We're missing the Harris boys, but I'm holding a boogie-board hostage in my office, so I know they'll be back!

And we graduated another session from the Discipleship Experience last Friday. The leaders that sent them were able to be with us, as well as some friends of the program.  We had a good time celebrating their accomplishment and the great gift they received from Balla of deeper knowledge of the Word!


Also since last Friday, our good friends, the Andersons, have come and are staying in the Chad apartment that I video taped for the last post.  Tawanna is in Ouakam each day helping Jane. Craig, an experienced camp maintenance volunteer of 20 summers, has jumped right in here with Patrice and Ndiaga. They are down in the Congo apartment right now replacing door mechanisms. And he's already replaced three screens!

 



The Andersons brought many supplies for the talibe work and also tools and screws and things for the Phare. Many people at Faith Community Church in Canton, our home, pitched in to get stuff.  It was Christmas in June for Patrice!

But in case you are thinking that Craig is suffering here in Africa...


 

 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home